Overall you’ll achieve the best results by using Yield Plus in a preventative approach throughout the growing season… along with good gardening practices and proper fertilization.
To sustain growth at the most optimal rate, and even during periods of stress…
- Apply Yield-Plus every 2 to 4 weeks beginning when the plant has 2 or more true leaves.
- Spray plants until the solution starts to run off the leaves.
- Give plants adequate time to absorb Yield Plus… at least 4 to 6 hours.
Treat seeds before planting to improve germination and enhance early seedling growth and root formation. You can use a small paint brush or something similar to apply Yield Plus to seeds.
Apply Yield Plus one week before transplanting to reduce the effect of transplant shock.
For transplanted plants, apply Yield Plus immediately after transplanting.
Continue applying Yield-Plus every 2 to 4 weeks thereafter.
Bare Root Plantings:
Bare roots should be dipped in a water solution containing 1% or 2% Yield-Plus prior to transplanting. *In this case you can use 2 ml of Yield Plus per liter of water.
At the Time of Flowering and Fruit Set:
This is a particularly vulnerable time for plants… when they’re highly susceptible to stress. Be sure applications are thorough during this period and are not neglected.
Important Things to Remember:
- Allow 4 to 6 hours for plants to absorb Yield Plus.
- Water should always be buffered to a pH level of 4.0 to 4.5 using pH Green Plus…. before adding Yield-Plus to the water.
- Maintain proportions of 1 ml of Yield Plus and pH Green Plus for each liter of water – in some cases using 2 ml of Yield Plus per 1 liter of water.
- pH Green Plus is a true pH buffer and is also a non-ionic wetting agent that aids in penetration, it is particularly helpful with plants having waxy or hairy leaves.
- In hot climates, apply Yield-Plus in the cool of the morning or late afternoon to minimize evaporation.
- In cool conditions, apply during the warmest period of the day.
- Do not apply Yield Plus immediately before rain, watering or sprinkler irrigation, as plants need 4 to 6 hours to absorb the product through the leaves.
- It is common for Yield Plus treated plants to grow faster and therefore adequate nutrients/fertilizers must be provided to facilitate this rapid growth.
- Yield Plus can be mixed with most fertilizers and plant protection products – except those with Alkaline mixtures (pH levels must be around 4.0 -5.0 for effectiveness).
- The proper use of Yield Plus is beyond the control of the producer – therefore no express or implied guarantee is made as to specific results achieved.
- Please be sure to follow all directions and contact Yield Plus if you have questions.